Thursday, January 11, 2018

New Media vs Old Media



My nephew, Ellett, with new media.

Pictured above, you will see my nephew entertaining himself on "his" iPad. Yes, my sister has an iPad dedicated for the use of her one-year-old son. It's an old iPad with a crack on the screen and an orange heavy duty case. He often watches Youtube clips of Paw Patrol and Veggie Tails. He also uses the iPad to FaceTime me from time to time, but he likes the end call button a little too much. When I was that age, forms of media differed. Children are using media devices at a much younger age than 20 years ago. 

New Media forms I use:
Social Media
Television
News Websites
Ebooks & Kindle
Youtube

Old Media forms I used:
DVD
VHS
Radio
Textbooks
Newspapers
GPS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Student Website Link

I have also been working on my student website. DSU had a systems failure, so you may not be able to view it right away. Please note that ...